Commissions are a blend of the patrons idea with the vision and skill of the artist. It is often a personal process. At the Artworks that process begins with a personal response to your inquiry by David Clarke. Visit the Contact Me page for your preferred method of communication.
Have as much information about your needs ready as you can including dimensions, site photos, sketches, etc. . This will make our initial dialogue comfortable and productive.
The information and discussion will be used to create a proposal with scheduling, prices, and drawings, With review and approval, return the signed proposal with a deposit of 1/2 of the total to initiate our agreement.
It is my goal satisfy every patron and I am proud of the reputation I have developed over the decades.
I thrive on a challenge and aspire to create works of art that are both engaging and functional.
Requests for site-specific and public works of art are warmly welcome.
* Crosswinds Gallery, Bristol RI, for carved wood models for weathervane molds. 2000
* The Ocean Club on Smuggler’s Beach, S. Yarmouth MA, for 3 architectural carvings 9’ x 31’.
* Architectural Graphics, Inc. for two carved figures in wood and steel. 1991
* Eugene Delessandro, RI, 8’ x 4’ x 1’ carved and gilded bull and 16” x 12” x 1” gilded ceramic bull. 1988
* Mrs. Pedoerella, Newport RI, to restore 5’ high figure of marble angel. 1988
* Mrs. Hassenfeld, Barrington RI, to restore two 18th century French terra cotta figures. 1980
* Robert Johns, Austin TX, to carve figurehead for 71-foot schooner “Cyrano”. 1980
* John and Marilyn Housley, Bristol RI, to restore carousel horses. 1979-80
* Don G. Furr, Houston TX, transom board for 45 foot squadron yawl “Cygnus”. 1979
* Mrs. William R. Johnson, Poppasquash Pt. Bristol RI, Egyptian mantel & two limestone columns. 1978
* Dr. Donald Ocassso, Newport RI, for carved wood centaur. 1978
* The Sloop Providence, Newport RI, for port and starboard scrollwork. 1978
* People’s National Bank, Fall River MA, for figurative sculpture. 1977
* Rev. John Bell, Newport RI, for fountain in white limestone. 1977
* Salve Regina College, Newport RI, restoration of mantel in state dining room & restoration of one external limestone column at Ocre Court. 1976
* Melvin H. Jackson, Smithsonian Institution, Marine Division, for figurehead of 16 foot ship model “Brilliant”. 1976
* Eugene Powell, York ME, to build by hand a 32’ x 28’ post & beam colonial Home. 1974
* Francis Lee Higginson, jr., Harvard University, Cambridge MA, for 7’ x 8’ handmade commemorative plaque in raised panel wall with relief carving of Harvard crew, at Newell Boathouse. 1973
* Frigate HMS “Rose”, Newport RI, for figurehead and transom seal. 1969
Contact The Webmaster - firstname.lastname@example.org
2008 Clarke Artworks. All Rights Reserved.
No portion of this web site may be reproduced without express written permission.